Sankampang District of Chiangmai is the heart of the handicraft industry. Many of Thailand’s major producers are located here and you’ll find all of the traditional crafts of the old days and the new in the shops along the Chiang Mai – Sankampang Road.
This half day tour will give you the opportunity to see quality local authentic artisan made products. Elaborate teak-wood carvings, intricate silverware, lustrous black lacquer ware, high-fired ceramics, famous Thai silk and cotton being woven the ancient traditional way on rustic wooden looms, paper-making and silk parasols in a rainbow hue of dazzling colors. Watch skilled artists deftly and swiftly paint art-work on parasols. It’s absolutely amazing.
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel in Chiang Mai City Area
- Sightseeing and visits as described
- Licensed English or Chinese-speaking guide
- Any applicable entrance fees
- All booking and credit card fees