Guba Khinalug Tour, Xinaliq the most beautiful and interesting village of Azerbaijan, located in the Lesser Caucasus mountains. By some definitions Xınalıq (2335m) is Europe’s highest village.
Guba & Khinalug Tour
To see the beautiful Khizi region (Xizi) and its mountains and landscape. On the road we will have a chance to see the City of Sumgait, the famous Chemical Industry and second biggest City of Azerbaijan Republic. Sumgait had one of the famous Chemical Industry in Soviet Union.
Tour to Guba region. On the road we will see more cities like, Siyazan, Shabran while going to Guba city.
Visit to Khinalig village (Khinalug, Xinaliq), the most beautiful and interesting village of Azerbaijan, located on the Lesser Caucasus mountains. On the road to stop to drink tea with local sweets of Guba region.
Amid sheepy Caucasian foothills and dramatic canyons lie Azerbaijan’s grandest mountain panoramas and its most fascinating villages. The fabled ancient village of Xınalıq is an unforgettable rustic getaway but the beautiful route from Quba is an attraction in itself. The road starts out through woodlands past a string of barbecue cafes, then navigates several canyons before emerging above the tree line into an almost deserted upland valley.
By some definitions Xınalıq (2335m) is Europe’s highest village. Its upper half retains many ancient stone houses that form distinctively austere stepped terraces up a steep highland ridge. And the whole scene is often magically wrapped in spooky clouds that part sporadically to reveal 360-degree views of the surrounding Caucasus.
Apart from examining the one-room museum and gazing at the hypnotic views, the main attraction is meeting and staying with Xınalıq’s hardy shepherd folk who have their own language (Ketsh) and still live much of their lives on horseback. Bring warm clothes – nights can be icy cold.
Places to see in GUBA KHINALUG TOUR:
- Beshbarmag Dag (“five fingered mountains”) – Atop a super-steep grassy ridge, Beshbarmag Dag is a distinctive split crag whose mystical crown of phallic rocks attracts (mostly female) pilgrims.
- Road to Kihanalug
- Chaygoshan – One of the most dramatic stretches of the Quba–Xınalıq road starts when it enters a deep, narrow canyon at around Km 34.5. It emerges over 2km later at an uninhabited grassy picnic spot called Chaygoshan, where there are two seasonal tea places in an achingly beautiful valley. A small bridge across the river at Km 37 leads 4km up a very rocky track to the spooky village of Qriz.
- Qalay-Xudat – For an appealing but easy, permit-free round-trip hike from Xınalıq following the Quba road back 8km to Km 48.5, climbing up the side lane to the attractive little village of Qalay Xudat, then following the unpaved upper track back to Xınalıq high above the valley.
- Professional Tour Guide
- Service fee for tour guide
Price per person (USD):
1 = 178.00
2 = 122.00
3 = 103.00
4 = 85.00
5 = 72.00
6 = 66.00
7 = 60.00
8 = 60.00
9 = 60.00
10 = 60.00
Duration: Approx. 12 hours
Category: Shared (Group Tour)
Start time: 0800-0900 Hrs (08:00-09:00 AM)
Entrance Fee: Excluded
Special Note :This activity has a minimum number of guests required for it to run. While unlikely, it is possible that it will not reach the minimum and you will be notified that it has been canceled.
Meeting point:Double Gate (Old City Baku)
– Pick up from hotel or from any address in Baku (Additional charge)
Ending point:Double Gate (Old City Baku)
– Drop off to hotel or to any address in Baku (Additional charge)